Install Applocale on Windows 8

This tip was written based on my experience in Windows 8 Enterprise-N, Build 9200, non-activated edition (If you know how to activate it, please drop me a link).

My initial attempt on installing it directly by double clicking the installation package, has failed. Following message was shown.

After I select the compatibility option by right click the installation package, the installation process has gone through perfectly. Please refer following screen shot.

Select “Run this program in compatibility mode for: Previous version of Windows”

Other reads:

This entry was posted in Computer Tips, Reviews, Windows 8 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Install Applocale on Windows 8

1. Chadys says:

Hi ! I’m not on Windows 8, still on old 7, but it doesn’t matter much because I have a problem before even the installation. When I click on the link to download applocale on the windows website, I get a page with written :
    “We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
    The URL may be misspelled or the page you’re looking for is no longer available.”
    I tried a manual search but no luck either. Do you have the same message ? Did windows delete their app ? If so where can I get it because I really need it and I can’t find it anywhere else T^T? If you have any information I would be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

2. WEN says:

Hi, I’ve just updated the post by adding a direct download from my website. I hope it works. Thank you.

3. Chadys says:

Works a wonder, thank you so much!

4. Mike says:

uhhhh AppLocale’s definately still on M$’s website. Whoever said they don’t serve it anymore is an idiot

5. Cedrik says:

Thanx

6. Your app must support a snapped layout. In landscape orientation, your app’s functions must be fully accessible when the app’s display size is 1024 x 768. Your app must remain functional when the customer snaps and unsnaps the app.

7. Koray says:

Thank you man this really helped me cheers :)

8. Chao says:

Seems Windows 8 keeps getting better; if you right click on it (apploc), and select “troubleshoot compatibility”, it will force the program to skip the version check, and it will install just fine. Seems this version of Windows just might run everything I need it to without causing problems.

9. min says:

very good!

10. Anon-kun says:

It works! Thx

11. Haggar says:

Thanks.

12. Pingback: [Japanese] [070119][Guilty+] 熟母喰い~元グラドルのお母さん~

13. Lucas says:

Oh my gosh, thank you so much. This was beginning to be so damn frustrating.